Feature Request for SoundEasy V27

Found a bug? Have a feature request? This is the place to talk about it.
meloV8

Feature Request for SoundEasy V27

Post by meloV8 »

Hi!

As far as I can see, Bohdan is not yet on the forum users list, but we can list here a list of things and changes that would be worth making to the V27 version.

What are your ideas and interesting suggestions?
Bohdan

Re: Feature Request for SoundEasy V27

Post by Bohdan »

Hi Lukasz,

Just joined in. Impressive, looking good to me.

Best Regards,
Bohdan
meloV8

Post by meloV8 »

Hi Bohdan!

Nice to see you on the new forum. I hope that in time, together we will be able to start this new discussion place about SoundEasy and Ultimate Eq.

Regards
Chad Gray
Site Admin

Post by Chad Gray »

I am glad everyone so far likes it. Let me know what you want me to improved or change. This software (phpBB) has LOTs of options.

If you are interested in editing or adding to the Wiki software for a Feature Request list. Let me know. If you want to continue to maintain your own list that is fine.

I do not like forum software to keep track of things. It is meant for communication. A Wiki is a place where everyone can contribute content and it has a permanent place that you can always find, change or add to it.

Chad
Bohdan

Post by Bohdan »

The work on SE27 has already started. So, it's a good time to come forward with your ideas. Thanks.
Bohdan
Chad Gray
Site Admin

Post by Chad Gray »

I would like to see simple wiring diagrams for each tool in Soundeasy in the PDF manual or in the software as a "Help" button.

Your PDF documentation is great! I really appreciate the work you have put into it. There are just assumptions that people know how to apply the tools you describe and create and many people do not know how to apply them.

So if a tool in Soundeasy needs an Amp, Microphone, Test leads, driver etc show how one would configure them.

An example is; If there was a wiring diagram on the the common use of measuring THD/IMP for a speaker then show that wiring setup. When people see that common example they can alter it for other use cases.

Chad
SE Help.png
SE Help.png (465.7 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
Chad Gray
Site Admin

Post by Chad Gray »

You know, I do remember someone posting about doing polar response measurements and needing an expensive turn table to turn the speaker.

I should have enough experience with very affordable Raspberry Pi computers (around $50) to setup programming and interface that programming to control a servo that would be able to precisely move a turn table by a specified number of degrees.

Bohdan would you be interested in adding this kind of module to Soundeasy?

I can start looking at the hardware and software needed to move the turn table.

My side of this I would make an open source project.

Chad
Chad Gray
Site Admin

Post by Chad Gray »

Here is a proof of concept video for setting up a small Raspberry Pi computer to move a servo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_fqRPdEbMY

Code examples for server:
https://github.com/aaugustin/websockets ... /server.py

Chad
dcibel

Post by dcibel »

I'd like to see 3 lines added to the start of every impulse response exported MLS TXT file

First line is 0
Second line is sample interval, so the inverse of the sampling rate
Third line is the MLS sample length

I'd also like to see an option to keep the IR export normalization coefficient at 1.0 at all times, rather than automatically setting it to the peak of the impulse for every measurement. I don't really understand this normalization feature, it just messes up the measured SPL, coefficient of 1.0 will always be my preference so it is inconvenient to have to enter it every single time.
dcibel

Post by dcibel »

Another suggestion for EasyLab would to represent the volume adjustment as dB scale rather than "volume %". It would be great to be able to adjust the output for nearfield measurement to something specific like 20dB less than the far field volume. For example this would allow you to easily adjust the measured SPL by 20dB to keep the same level as the far field measurement. The adjustment needed to bring the nearfield measurement down to the level of the far field measurement can then be calculated simply by SPL loss over distance.