Feature Request for SoundEasy V27

Found a bug? Have a feature request? This is the place to talk about it.
meloV8

Re: Feature Request for SoundEasy V27

Post by meloV8 »

Bohdan, the new possibilities in the v27 look impressive.
dcibel

Post by dcibel »

T/S Parameter calculations - if any values for Leb, Ke, or Le are zero, an error is displayed (twice) when the S-I Model calculation button is pressed. This is counter-intuitive, as the intention of this button is to calculate these values. For high end drivers I often get a Leb calculated at or near 0.000, creating error message on any subsequent calculations.

Why are these Semi-inductance values allowing user-input on the T/S parameter MLS screen? S-I Model calculations are not consistent either, I usually have to run a couple times to get a curve that fits the driver measured inductance, arriving at a new set of values on each subsequent run. Using the values from first run is often wildly inaccurate. At least with the basic T/S parameters, I can be certain to get the same results every time.

MLS Measurement control window also likes to hide behind the main window when running T/S calculations - this should be looked at as well. Often times the curve fitting will hang up, Sound Easy not responding for half of the operation, then when complete the measurement control window disappears behind the main window. Rather annoying, to fix I have to adjust the main window size so the measurement control sits outside of it.
Bohdan

Post by Bohdan »

Hi Dcibel,

Thank you for your comments.

I have increased Leb number to be displayed from 3 decimal points to 5 decimal points.
So, the issue of possible truncation can be quite reduced.

Perhaps you can send me the Zin impulse response, that causes the program to hang.
When I test with my files, everything works ok.

Finally, I do not know of a formula, that allows you to calculate S-I parameters (Leb, Ke, Le, Rss).
They are extracted from the theoretical Zin curve when curve fitting mechanism finished the run.
The theoretical Zin curve (based on S-I parameters) has been fitted to the measured one, and then
S-I parameters are known.

That's why you are not allowed to enter any of the S-I parameters a 0.0, because the curve fitting function
only work with data greater then zero.

Best Regards,
Bohdan
dcibel

Post by dcibel »

Units for L2, or Leb in SoundEasy should be changed to uH. Or, store a floating point result with many decimal places internally, and adjust the units on-screen based on the leading zeros behind the decimal point.

Why is the user able to enter any value for S-I parameters? They are extracted from Zin curve as you say. So, when the user pushes the S-I model button and Leb = 0.000. SoundEasy can change the value to something greater than zero and start the curve fitting. I will re-iterate, it is counter-intuitive to produce an error about the curve fitting result before the curve fitting has begun.
Bohdan

Post by Bohdan »

The S-I default values are editable. This is because your starting values for the curve-fitting algorithm may be better then mine.
meloV8

Post by meloV8 »

Hi Bohdan,

I have this question. Is it possible to increase the dimensions ( vertically ) of the Time Plot Window, so that the list of crossover components contains more visible items than 6?

Lukasz
Attachments
component tweak window.png
component tweak window.png (26.35 KiB) Viewed 702 times
dcibel

Post by dcibel »

Bohdan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:04 am The S-I default values are editable. This is because your starting values for the curve-fitting algorithm may be better then mine.
Yeah, it appears that you need to already know what the S-I component values should be for the S-I model curve fitting to work accurately.

To help this process along, it would be great to be able to plot the curve of any manually entered values here so that the effect on the curve that a change in value has in order to provide direction on what needs to be adjusted for better curve fitting.
Bohdan

Post by Bohdan »

Hi Lukasz,

Yes, of course.

Best Regards,
Bohdan
Bohdan

Post by Bohdan »

Hi Dcibel,

No. There are default values for S-I model in the editable fields. You can use these values and the algorithm should adjust them for the currently measured Zin curve.

Best Regards,
Bohdan
meloV8

Post by meloV8 »

Bohdan, what do you think about introducing Targets for Elliptical filters?

http://www.mariobon.com/Glossario/___Fi ... ittici.pdf
https://www.magicoaudio.com/crossovers