Help: Win7/64 and Realtek ALC887-only 2 of 3 drivers of 3-way play in SEv26/DF

Found a bug? Have a feature request? This is the place to talk about it.
karazor

Help: Win7/64 and Realtek ALC887-only 2 of 3 drivers of 3-way play in SEv26/DF

Post by karazor »

This is an accompanying video (link below) that shows the settings for auditioning a 3-way filter in SEv26 with Win7/64 utilizing a Realtek ALC887 on-board audio. As with Win10/64 there is no output to the “side right” channel. AFIK, DF should be fully compatible with the Realtek on-board audio in Win7. I show, in the video, my settings. There are a lot of ways to mess it up so I hope someone might catch a mistake. If so, I might be able to transfer those settings to Win10.
Barry

https://youtu.be/gEIcc6NGSo0
Bohdan

Re: Help: Win7/64 and Realtek ALC887-only 2 of 3 drivers of 3-way play in SEv26/DF

Post by Bohdan »

Hi Karazor,

When you set the Realtek audio to 7.1channels - it will provide 8 buffers to be filled with data by DF.
However, the DF is only providing 6 buffers with data for 2x3-way system.
Delta 1010LT driver is smarter and will allocate exactly the number of buffers DF is asking for.
I am only speculating that this is the way it works, but have done some tests on my Windows 10 Realtek audio.

One option for you to try is to create a dummy 4-th channel in each crossover, and select 2x4channels option in
DF. This way, number of buffers in DF is the same as number of channels in Realtek audio.

Best Regards,
Bohdan